How to be a Happy Actor in a Challenging Business
A Guide to Thriving Through it All
“The title says it all. Happy Actor is a great book full of practical and inspired ways for actors to be happy in a business that can be tough. This book is really needed in our industry!”
Why a book for ACTORS on the subject of HAPPINESS?
Actors face a unique set of challenges and advantages. No matter what level a career is at, uncertainty, rejection, judgment and disappointment are all part of being an actor. Happiness is often placed in the hands of what happens out there, yet the truth is, circumstances are only 10% responsible for our happiness. 50% is due to our genetics and, most significantly, 40% is in our own hands. It turns out, happiness is an inside job.
Being generally happy and fulfilled is not only something everyone deserves, it is absolutely essential to the success and longevity of an actor's career.
What will you get from the book?
This book takes you on a journey of self-discovery and empowerment.
Practical, simple steps
You'll learn the intentional activities that have been scientifically proven to boost happiness levels, as well as some of the world’s most powerful spiritual knowledge on the subject. There are practical, transformational steps that will help you navigate the worlds of stage, film, and television with a foundation of self-esteem and personal power.
Hollywood actors' personal stories
Along with that, you'll learn personal stories of Hollywood actors as they have adopted these keys and moved toward happier, more fulfilling lives.
Advice from award-winning industry professionals
As a bonus, there are also some unique and powerful inside perspectives from four of our top industry award-winning professionals:
• Emmy-winning producer/director David Nutter
• Oscar-winning actress Christine Lahti
• Emmy-winning casting director Mark Teschner
• Artios-winning casting director/acting coach Risa Bramon Garcia.
Click on Article of Interest
• 10 Tips for Leaving Your Agent or Manager
• 3 Ways to Handle Disapproval and Criticism
• 21 Ways to Stand Out in the Crowd
• What’s Love Got to Do With Your Success?
• 7 Ways to Get the Happy Actor Factor
• How to Belong in the Acting Business
• 3 Ways to Become a Lead Actor
• Why Your Exit is Just as Important as Your Entrance
• Why Not To Get Attached to Audition Outcomes
• Why It's Important to be a Happy Actor